Why do we have to suffer Turn10

Why do we have to be put through so much suffering for a game that has won Racing game of the year 2023! Really!!!

So last night I was chipping away at the Rivals as there’s little else in the game that interests me, sure I could go for some MP but from the sounds it’s broken with the penalty system etc, Anyways I’m dropping some good times in Rivals, getting up to the top 5% and then for no reason the game starts to chug, Frame rates are all where they have been for the last 2 weeks in the good zone, sound is as it should but each time I hit one of those “sections” with the poles and the line across the track, then game goes into slow mode for a few seconds, then it goes back to normal and exiting the section is no problems… then the next section arrives and as soon as I pass the line the game goes stutter stutter cough I’m good but I’ve lost time and my patience is wearing thin.

Why? Why Turn10 is this happening?, why do my rides show a different color w/o the upgrades until the game calls “Home Base”??? Why is my game running like a dog whenever you try to fix something!

I’m bloody well over feeling like a lemming, testing your game and every-time you patch something it causes issues elsewhere. It’s a joke, it must be, I only came back for the Nord and only got 2 weeks before you started stuffing that up.

I’m at the point now that I’m sure this is on purpose, The game was intended to FAIL

grumbles walking away shaking head

14 Likes

It’s like the memory leak got even worse with that hotfix update. I experienced something very similar yesterday, i was doing that AMG (Aufrecht, Melchner, Großaspach) career series Maple Valley and the second race worked fine and then on Virginia International Raceway what you described happened in the training. First i wanted to restart the game and then continue gaming, but i just stopped and didn’t wanna play anymore. Today i will give it another try.

3 Likes

When I logged in today and did the first round of that series there was no issues, game was running completely fine, zero stutters zero anything, a good racing feeling and exited the game to do other things.

Then later on, do a few Rivals runs, all good until I jump into the BMW M3 05, get about half way through the Nord and every gate becomes a slowdown. Restart the game, PC, delete the cache and a few other things to no avail, no matter the ride there’s a brief freeze crossing that line. If I create a race there’s no issues, game runs fine, it’s only in Rivals

Only started happening last night, so about 24 hours ago, the two weeks I’ve been playing no issues, shame cause I rated the Nord on the quality side of things in this game :wink:

2 Likes

Shigeru Miyamoto quote: A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed ...

10 Likes

It’s a videogame, if it matters this much to you and hurts your mental well-being that much, you should probably take a break.

6 Likes

Is that straight from the EA handbook of how to deal with disgruntled customers

P.s I have taken a break, the last couple of days, plus noticed on steamcharts the 1000 mark line has disappeared and it’s now 500, guess there’s others taking a Chris

6 Likes
3 Likes

Waiting for Drift to be added to FM8, plays Assetto Corsa in the meantime

1 Like

I laugh so hard, that little boy is chilling in a pikachu dress, doing crazy drift like if it was nothing :joy:

1 Like

It is sad, yes.
Waited years for the new holy grail but got slapped in the face by reality.
FM8 was a deathbirth.
There are other games to try out and maybe some find fun.
Maybe, in 1-2 years they have patched the game.
Gran Turismo 7 was needed also arround 1,5 years to become fantastic.

3 Likes

lol now Gran Tusirmo 7 is fantastic? :joy:

2 Likes

I feel like your comment was meant kindly - but it comes across a bit off.

WIth respect to what @Lens007888 is trying to say, I believe they are commenting on why do we as (former) ‘fans’’ of the franchise have to suffer such a toxic relationship with this particular iteration of Turn 10? I don’t think specifically they were referring to mental anguish they are undergoing personally but rather the community as a whole ‘we’.

Perhaps I’m wrong.

I’m personally £100 invested in this particular game becoming a success - that and some kind of morbid fascination draw me here again and again - I certainly do take breaks for my own sanity though - especially when I’m repeatedly temp banned for quite literally typing the truth.

5 Likes

yeah this game made GT7 look like a masterpiece lol

5 Likes

So why are you here then? Goto the GT7 forums if it’s so wonderful. I personally love FM8 now. It was rough up until the last update but having a lot of fun with it now.

In a few weeks they are fixing the progression system and then all my gripes will be answered. Do I think they should have delayed it until this month. Yes, but companies have fiscal deadlines to meet, marketing run up etc.

1 Like

To warn others. I lost $100 in FM8 and another $500 in hardware because of false promises. I had to spend the sum again to finally get a great racing game. It’s called GT7.

4 Likes

They didn’t fix or do anything special in Update 5.0, so why is it so much better now only because of Nordschleife? The game still runs very very bad, there is an annoying memory leak and all other problems are also still there.

5 Likes

I think pulling the game back and relaunching it will be too expensive. It’s necessary though, no matter how tough it is.

1 Like

Pulling back the game, anybody talked about that? They have to fix their mess and that ASAP.

2 Likes

No, I say that. How else are they going to fix the economy and all those bugs? Monthly updates?

I don’t play the game as often as I thought I hoped, so I still haven’t finished the Builder’s Cup. But if I wanted it would have taken me less than a week. The game desperately needs CONTENT and some economy fixes. The upgrade update still hasn’t been released so we’re still tuning cars in the same order as before.

1 Like

At some points yes. Forza have it’s own advantage (Vast variety of race cars from every decades, some good tracks, …)