Why do we have to suffer Turn10

Yes with monthly updates.

because i still have hopes for a franchise ive been playing since the first xbox launched…

2 Likes

Pretty much, I just read it as a pointless low effort post, as for what you added in regards to the game, it is toxic, if it’s not the stability of the game it’s all the bad designs that came with this installment.

Maybe I’m just getting too old to be playing games

Personally, I’ve found switching from Western developed franchises to Japanese counterparts a very rewarding change - it feels to me as though some of the scummier tactics deployed by Western studios to monetize their games have been avoided by Japanese studios, so far.

Blockquote Lens007888
AMEN BROTHER! :pray:

I´m with you Lens007888! I also begin to question my age as a gamer…

Is it just me who realices and bare whitness to a dark trend in game development?
It all started whit EA Games greedy business idé to start pressure gamestudios and developers to release sequals of there most sucsessful titles ones a year with some simple tricks to boost sales every year to keep stockholders happy.

#1 Make flashy gametrailers with stunning graphics in a high pace so you get disoriented.

#2 Fuse microtransactions in the game to make the people impatient and make them whant to “pay to win”.

#3 Make shortcuts like bundels or skins in game to make it seems like there is new stuff in game.

#4 Make the game just enough fun and exiting for the player to last one year, nothing more nothing less.

Seems to me that this franchise also have been infected. “RIP” Forza Motorsport.

I apologize for my spelling and grammar.

4 Likes

What a crappy thing to say. It’s clear what they meant.

2 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

What an idiot.

2 Likes

“Some good tracks” is one of the problems. The 10 dollar IRacing has hundred tracks…
In relation to Turn10 aka MS it`s a hobby project.

By good tracks, I mean licensed tracks (I finally found the word). On GT there’s so many fictionnal tracks (More than FM)

I personaly dont care and take a couple of fantasy ones instead of...nothing. But youre right: Where is Bathurst, Monza, Sebring and all the others? Standard in every race games since the PS2 and original XBox.

I wouldn’t even complain if everything else worked fine. As promised: Build from the ground. But I increasingly find myself leaving online lobbies while I’m training. I just experienced it again: players park ghosted on the apex, others sneak around the track and wait until you overtake them to ram you. And then taunting with “Good Racing” via chat. Another guy was driving around the track wrong turn whole time as a ghost.
I simply don’t feel like racing with guys like that.
I’ve played over 400 hours now, but if something isn’t done about this behavior, I’m gone.

I would like nothing more than the tracks you mentioned, but firstly I would like the tracks we already have to not disappear while I’m driving at pace on them…

1 Like

$1170 just to play 2 racing games.

It would be better to treat it like an early access game, and update it into its 1.0 form… But in this case, its going to be. X.5.

No. For playing one game. But at least a good one.

I’m just about to drop $900 on a PS5 for 1 game

It seems some people have more money than sense.If you are going to play other games on a new system i can understand that,but just because your not happy with one game,your money your choice.

1 Like

As much as I am interested in GT7, at this moment it is a $570.00 game. To play it the way I want, with my ffb wheel, I need to at the very minimum add $600 to that (more on this in a moment).

Thats 1170 just to play one game. Sony can keep it! And none of this is including PS+ ($60/year IIRC). Yeah… I have some choice words for that. Sony isn’t going to get a dime from me if this is the only way I can play GT7.
If the game comes to PC, then I’d be more inclined to get the game. Heck, I’ll even take them up on PSVR2 if it works with other VR compatible games, not just PSVR capable games.

NOW… getting back to the $600 wheelbase. That would be the price of a Fanatec GTDD Pro @ 8Nm… I own a CSL-DD @ 8Nm. Why can’t I buy the 5Nm version Fanatec? And why is the GTDD Pro $150 more expensive than the CSL-DD? Also, are you kidding me? The CSL-DD is now only in 5Nm, while the GTDD Pro is only in 8Nm…

Fanatec can forget about me buying anything else from them too. I’m already chewed up about the QR2 tax which makes every one of their wheels at least $100 more expensive ($60 if you can settle on a QR2 Lite), and now they still charge a large premium for PS compatibility? Nope! I’m taking my business elsewhere!

I hear that. I had been using the QR1 Lite for a while with my 5Nm CSL DD (later upgraded to 8Nm) along with a McLaren GT3 v2 wheel. The plan was to make do with the QR1 lite until the QR2 was released.

Then the whole debacle with Black Friday 2023 happened, their customer service tanked, and I’ve just been wholly unimpressed with the way the company is run (not a big fan of their CEO in particular). I decided that i just don’t want to give any more money to Fanatec going forward if i don’t have to, QR2 be d@mned.

I went out and bought a second hand metal QR1 and have been very happy since.

1 Like