You can use V6, I4, R2, or whatever for A class 8 cylinder lobby?

Somehow my V6, I4, R2 cars are all eligible for A class 8 cyl lobby… Anyone knows why?

Here are what I was allowed to drive in A class 8 cylinder lobby:

they are not swapped right? because that should not be the case? my BMW M3 comp (Inline 6)
was not eligible

might just be forza motorsport being forza motorsport if they arent swapped

I updated my original post with screenshots. You now can see the V6, I4, R2 cars I was referring to. All of them were eligible to drive, and I tried them without any issue in V8 lobby…

huh honestly no idea then prob just forza being forza ig you should maybe talk to a dev about this

The game doesn’t register swaps. I beat the 4cyl tour with an inline 5, the 6cyl with a 4cyl and the v8 tour with an inline 6.

(insert joke about built from the ground up here)

3 Likes

but that 1997 RX-7 had a rotary engine as stock and I never put any 8 cylinder stuff on that car…

Positive it won’t be answered here by anyone in the know.

Let’s ask the Dev’s :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Hopefully it’s a server-side fix but I have a sneaking suspicion it’s client-side, which necessitates a patch/hotfix.

Your game might’ve done a Forza Moment™, because I can’t replicate it. This Mk2 Golf has the Ariel Atom 3.0L V8 swap and I can enter it to the 8 cylinder Featured MP series as expected.

I don’t have any 8 cylinder A cars, so the game only suggests the Buy Cars screen when I enter Featured Multiplayer.

Looks like things are working as intended for me.

One thing to note is that the engine listed in My Cars is always the stock build, the game doesn’t show you what engine you have (other than when you’re upgrading).

1 Like

I tried the first race yesterday when it became available and had correct restrictions.
Probably some “Forza things” going on.

The Information for the vehicles does not propelry display the correct engine, only the stock engine itself; which the stock engines are mising the cylinder count/type for most vehicles anyway. You must be using others tunes and/or dont remember swapping in a V8 into those vehicles, but there is indeed one installed if it is being allowed into the lobby. This same thing has occurred during the 4 Cyl and 6 Cyl lobbies. Engine swaps are allowed into the lobbies. Vehicles must also be production vehicles and not dedicated race vehicles.

1 Like

This turns out to be what happened. I actually tuned these cars and they all have V8, but somehow Forza decides to display R2, I4, V6… I had to check the tune out of the lobby to figure what engine those cars actually had…

That’s a UI bug worth reporting.

1 Like

Has been reported, along with many many many other things. I think its on the back burner as it does not directly affect gameplay. There are other Upgrade/Tuning issues more important though, thats for sure. Some vehicles do not have upgrades available to them that all others have, IE GT350R Race suspension - no tuning available unless you equip Drift suspension. Some vehicles also have duplicate upgrades that be selected with varying affects, IE multiple vehicles have two Forza Race Aeros that appear the same, but cause different Aero affects.

2 Likes

1st post is showing the cars stock engines. Those cars are all been swaped into a V8.

Maybe user error.

It’s a known issue like swapping drivetrains from RWD/ FWD to AWD and vice versa. It’ll always show stock. I’ve opened a post here and reported it. However, it was quickly closed by support with reasons in the lines of, “even though your ticket has been closed, it doesn’t mean it’s not being investigated.”