CW's Tuning guide + Calc Spreadsheet **NEW MOBILE WEB APP**

Links should now be fixed :+1:

Yep, works fine now mate, thanks.

Yeah, by race-ready, I’m meaning the race cars that you buy or acquire. Do they automatically homogalatr even those.? I would have thought they should be ready to race in their respective classes soon as you got them, not bump them up into another class?

Am I right or off base?

OZ

1 Like

Ok I see what mean, some if the GT cars will have parts automatically done, others will be closer to stock because of there base PI already.
In the terms of how they handle, all I can say is because Forza Logic! I’ve been getting a Lambo Hurracan ready for competition.
At stock tune the thing is horrible slide all over the place. Others understeer like mad, which is kind of frustrating because these cars in reality most likely won’t handle like that. But again Forza gives reality the middle middle finger.
Most issues can be tuned out of these car, but sometimes require extreme measures in the tune to do so.
The BMW Z4 and both the Corvettes feel really nice at stock. But get the most out if them changes will need to made.

Well I did not get much racing and tuning in, but dit give it a try.
Manages to get a solid base with a decent balance, unlike the default settings that are all over the place as usual.
Homologation parts are terrible as well, just like auto upgrade in the previous installments.

Would recommend it for people who are struggling to get the cars to handle.

I went back to scratch and setup my own stuff. Due to lack of time did not run my own tune vs this vs different calculator on the same car with the same build to check balance and laptimes. Will try that as well and report back.

1 Like

Nice man, appreciate it. Yep you exactly right with the homologation system, better to do it yourself.
Looking forward to hearing the results :+1:

Just dit some testing:
Personal build - stock tune: 1:43.xxx
Same build - calculator 1:40.xxx
Same build - own setup with 1h of testing 1:38.xxx

So yes, can confirm the calculator works. Makes a massive differences in no time at all. Tweaking from the calculator you can improve further as well.
But was tuning for a competition so decided to go my own way.

Surely would recommend the calculator, makes a massive difference from stock.

1 Like

That’s great dude, I really appreciate you taking the time to test it in the manner you have. It is only designed for exactly as you have described, quick reliable tunes that will perform very well in lobbies.
When it comes to competitive multiplayer competition you have to step up the tuning as you know to get your car to the limit.
Thanks again dude :+1::wink:

Just bumping it up :grin:

Won’t let me view any guides as I don’t have a one drive

Try this CLICK HERE it should be viewable online on a web page. Failing that download OneDrive it’s a free app and great for create back ups of your file plus if you use the account as your xbox email you can share screenshots and clips straight from your console.

It doesn’t show. Thanks though.

Thanks for sharing this. Calculator does a fantastic job getting a car up to snuff. It’s nice to just plug in a few numbers and have all the info you need.

1 Like

That’s great to hear dude, hope you get lots of use out of it :+1:

1 Like

Does the older sheets/ calculators work for FM7 as well or is this newest one the only one that you have that works for FM7? Regardless, got it downloaded and saved to my desktop just like ALL of your other ones.

1 Like

Tbf the outputs should be very similar to one an other :+1:

the metrics section and downforce seems to be messed up

1 Like

Are you certain you put in the right numbers in the correct formats?

Very nice calc. Got me a good clean baseline for a couple of cars I had issues with. Gets my seal of approval. Best one for FM7 so far imo.

1 Like

Great stuff man, thanks so much for the feedback :grin:

Ok first one. When you go into tune and upgrades goto setup manager you can go through a bunch of tunes to use from other people who loaded them in there. Then as you go towards the end there are a bunch locked and she. You click on them it doesn’t let you download them. Some explain why thee won’t download but they are posted in there?
Quesrion 2.
When choosing a car you see 2 differetnts setups one says current the other restricted. How do you load the restricted setup. When you go into homologation it says nothing needed. I would
Like to use the better setup with more horse power. How do I use that one and not the current. Or does it depend on the race. This whole homologation thing has me baffled. I liked Forza 6 where you can just use anyone’s tune in any race.

1 Like